Common Questions to Ask About A Construction Accident Lawsuit

First Aid for Emergency Accidents at Construction Sites

Common Questions to Ask About A Construction Accident Lawsuit

Construction action lawsuits are complex. Unfortunately, in New York City, we have more than our fair share of construction accidents because there is constant ongoing construction throughout the city. If you have been injured in a construction accident you will need an attorney to guide you through the process of a possible construction accident lawsuit.  More than 5000 people died in 2018 from construction accidents at an average of 100 a week.

Thankfully, the construction accident lawyers at Pazer, Epstein, Jaffe & Fein, P.C. are experienced in handling complex construction accident injuries and claims. We are here to help you recover from injury and to protect you financially from loss. We are determined to hold the negligent party responsible and compensate you for the pain and suffering you have experienced.

If you have been negligently injured in a construction accident, our team of lawyers will help you recover damages for loss of work, past or future earnings, and compensation for emotional and physical pain. Construction accidents can be devasting to your ability to earn a living wage for months, years or even leave you permanently disabled. If you have been injured in a construction accident, please contact our attorneys in New York at (212) 847-5007 or in Long Island at (718) 954-9986. You may also contact our attorneys here online.

Frequently Asked Questions About New York Construction Accident Lawsuits

  • What are the most common New York City construction accident injuries?
  • Who is liable for my injuries at a construction site?
  • If I am injured on the job, is Worker’s Compensation my only avenue for recovery?
  • What damages are available in a New York construction accident lawsuit?
  • Can I afford a construction accident lawyer?
  • What is the statute of limitations on a construction accident and how long do I have to file a personal injury or workers compensation claim under New York Law?
  • Can I get a free consultation with an experienced New York construction accident attorney?

A: The most common construction accidents are falls, explosions, falling debris, electrocutions, machinery and stuck in between equipment. According to the OHSA the “fatal four,” construction accidents are falls, electrocutions, struck by objects, and stuck in-between. See the Top 10 most frequently cited OSHA standards violated in FY 2019.

A: Determining liability in construction accidents can be difficult because of the number of people working together from different employers. The property owner, a contractor, subcontractor, or an outside third-party entity can all be liable for a construction injury.

A:  You may be able to file a personal injury claim if your injury was caused by a third party who is not your employer. It is always best to speak with an experienced construction accident lawyer as soon as possible after an accident to determine the best available course of action.

A:  Recovery for damages can vary widely and can cover past and future lost wages, medical bills and expenses, mental anguish, pain and suffering, death, or dismemberment.

A: Absolutely you can afford a New York Construction Accident Lawyer.  We never charge a fee unless we recover damages for you in any personal injury or construction accident lawsuit.

A: Under New York Law if the defendant is not a municipal entity such as a city, town, county or other municipal entity, you have three years from the date of injury to file a construction accident lawsuit. Workers compensation claims must be filed within two years, but the applicable dates can change. You must seek out a personal injury lawyer immediately after an injury for more information.

A: We always offer free consultations with one of our experienced New York construction accident lawsuit attorneys.

Talk with a New York Construction Accident Lawyer Today!

Contact us using our convenient online form or feel free to phone us in New York at 212-227-1212, or in Huntington/Long Island at 631-864-2429.